FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AmEx Bonvoy Brilliant Luxury Card [General Discussion Thread]
Old Oct 15, 2018, 2:36 am
Typhoonpilot

Programs: Delta Platinum, United Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
SPG Luxury card - Missing 6X points from stays

In a continuing series of issues with Marriott properties in Asia I have the new SPG Luxury card and have been using it for the last month+ at stay in Asia. My first statement just arrived and it would appear I am missing 3470 points from the Marriott stays. The statement gives 2 X points for all purchases then it should give an additional 4 X points for SPG/Marriott stays or an additional 1 for restaurant purchases. I had 4 total stays in the period:

Courtyard Shanghai Changfeng Park
The Plaza - Autograph Collection Seoul
Shanghai Marriott Riverside
Rome Park Marriott

The math is proving difficult since I also received the $300 in statement credits for Marriott purchases on this billing cycle. Does that get deducted from the 4X category? If so it would only be1200 points less so still missing 2270 points. I can't pinpoint which hotel(s) are not coding properly. I do know that neither the Courtyard Changfeng Park and Shanghai Marriott Riverside ever code properly for the Chase Marriott card and I have to send them the statements and receipts every billing cycle to get the points awarded. It is a major pain in the butt that I was hoping the Amex card would not have, but here we are anyway. The Plaza Seoul coded as "Hanwha Hotel Resort" so I am suspicious of that one as well.

A few years ago I had this problem with the Taipei Marriott when using the SPG Amex and it was quickly sorted by the SPG Lurker here and the coding was fixed at the hotel so future purchases did not have the same problem. Is SPG Lurker still here and can they do anything? I can't find a way to send an SM with all the documentation to Amex like I do with Chase every month (Chase refuses to fix the coding).

Thank you in advance for helpful replies. I am aiming for 1.6 million Marriott points by December so timing is of the essence.