FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question about domestic business class
View Single Post
Old Oct 14, 2018, 10:09 am
NewbieRunner
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by autobahnal
Hi all,
I have to fly from BOG to MDE in January. The difference in price between economy and business is $78 and I'm trying to figure out if it's worth spending the extra money.

I am *G -- is the domestic lounge in BOG different for business class versus *G in economy? The AV website talks about a Diamond versus Gold domestic lounge, but my belief is that info might be outdated and now there's just one brand new lounge for everyone that opened a few months ago (?).

Beyond that, I will only have one carry-on bag for the overhead and a personal item that will fit under the seat in front of me. So unless they are way more strict with carry-on's with economy than business this shouldn't be a big deal.

The only "X factor" is that I've never flown AV before and so part of me would be curious to try their business class service, but I also know this is a very short flight and so perhaps there really is no service.

Thanks for any help/suggestions!
~Adam
I flew CTG-BOG in business on AV earlier this year for 247,500 COP or about 80 USD all in. It was a discounted fare only available on AV’s Colombian website and the only reason I chose to fly business was to experience a business seat on Avianca’s Dreamliner which served one daily BOG-CTG-BOG rotation at the time. CTG-BOG is twice as long as BOG-MDE and the service consisted of a free can of beer.

I can’t comment on BOG lounges but for such a short flight I don’t think it’s worth paying extra to fly in business on a narrow body.