FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free
Old Oct 14, 2018, 9:32 am
abc193

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
It creates all sorts of problems. Cabin crew then has to kick the visitor out at mealtimes. And how to enforce that the visitor doesn't start "tasting" the food and end up eating enough for a meal. Also, QR, as much as or more than other airlines, tries hard to treat its F passengers very well. Part of that is keeping the cabin from becoming crowded and maintaining the open, calm and quiet feeling that it has. Count me as one who doesn't believe that visitors should be able to visit "up" cabins. But the person in F can always visit others in Y and J, passengers in J can always visit others in Y.
Cheers for the honest response - I was definitely planning on visiting in Y as well and would try to avoid any issues around tasting/experiencing the soft product available in J by inviting her after I'd eaten etc.. Ideally I'd love to bring her up for 10 minutes or so, although I do fully appreciate that from the perspective of other passengers this goes against the premium product & associated exclusivity on offer.

Thinking of a Plan B, I will probably just guest her into the J lounge (non Al Mourjan) at DOH instead to avoid any embarrassment on the plane.