FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Fairfield Seoul [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Oct 14, 2018, 9:09 am
ellie_nz

Programs: MR Platinum, Aer Lingus GC, BA Bronze, Turkish Classic Plus
I spent a night here. It's a decent hotel if you can get a good price and I really liked the food options on the next street to the hotel.

However... there's a train line running along one side of the hotel. We were allocated a room on 16th floor on the train side (oh the perks of being a plat although we did only reserve at 5pm for same evening!) and we could clearly hear the trains passing. The trains were frequent, stopped at maybe midnight or one am and picked up again early am. Make sure to request a room on the other side of the hotel if you're bothered by noise at all.

Room was exactly as per pic above. When you enter you step into bathroom and then bedroom - you can pull a sliding panel for some privacy in the bathroom. Room is small (much smaller than CY Times Square or Namdaemun) but well designed and has storage.

Breakfast was good but busy, we were told hotel was full when we enquired about switching away from trains. I'm not sure what the deal is with breakfast, we were given vouchers when I asked. Staff were really strict about taking food outside the breakfast room.

On check in we were given 500 points plus a drink and some toiletry options (small moisturiser or ear plugs or dust mask). Parking underneath hotel was included.

I'd probably stay again if I had a short one or two night stay and got a great rate compared to either courtyard TS or Namdaemun.