FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ : Status of on-board WiFi rollout on BA aircraft
Old Oct 14, 2018, 6:37 am
Globaliser
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by alexwuk
Originally Posted by Schind
I've asked elsewhere on the forum but there's a chance BA have done all the 747s that are going to get fitted. Globaliser has a post on the 747 retirements that has a neat cut off line for wifi enabled planes based on flight hours. I suppose we'll just have to wait and see. https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27571616-post1689.html
So they're going to leave G-CIVF-I as hi-J "bogey planes" flying the most premium routes with no WiFi until 2021?
I think we will have to wait and see. For example, do we actually know one way or the other whether G-CIVO has had wifi fitted during the recent refresh work? It would have been an opportunity to do it, but my suspicion is that at present we simply don't know one way or the other whether it's been done. As the aircraft's first sortie is for Dreamflight (currently under way), I suspect that many of the passengers currently have other things on their minds than to post the aircraft's wifi status on FT.