FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated Global Services Thread: Benefits, Questions [2018]
Old Oct 13, 2018, 5:57 pm
PanAmWT

Programs: UA GS 4MM, RCC life member (paid), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, CLEAR
Originally Posted by bluedemon211
Not sure if there has been a subtle change to a un-published GS benefit, but I thought I would ask the experts. Let me explain.

There have been multiple instances where when booking as a GS on to an international flight that is P9, either immediately or within 24 hours the GPU clears into PN (although PN=0 via EF). I have benefited 4-5 times from this phenomenon. My last 3-4 trips I have sat with P9 and no clearing into business. Eventually P0 became the status and I had to play the waiting game (and did not clear 2 of the flights)

The current situation is on UA 29 SFO-SIN departing in January. It is at P9 with all J buckets being =9. For what it is worth, only 2 seats are taken on the seat map (yes, I know it is not definitive of real load, but the agent said there was "over 45 business seats for sale"). I booked the flight a week ago and still nothing. Normally SFO-SIN is a challenging clear, so I try to only book it when PN>0. Has anyone else seen this un-published benefit no longer happening? Thanks for your help.
I can only talk about my experience since last December. I have about 15 flight segments that showed P9 PN0 at time of reservation. The 6 international flights my GPU had the following results:
Clear into PN within 24-48 hours: 2.
Clear into PN several weeks later (but at least a week prior): 2
Call GS within 72 hours when J =>3: 1
Failed to clear within 24 hours (I used cash upgrade not wanting to play the lottery at gate), 1

For the 9 or so domestic flights (SFO<->EWR, SFO<->IAD) I used some RPU and some miles+copay:
Clear into PN within 24-48 hours: 0.
Clear into PN several weeks later (but at least a week prior): 1
Call GS within 72 hours when J >=3: 1
Clear at Gate: 3
Failed to clear: About 10.