FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [FARE GONE] La/++ akl-scl-mad-hnd €570
View Single Post
Old Oct 13, 2018, 11:54 am
beyounged

Originally Posted by skunker
Congrats, looks like an epic adventure. But, I will bring your attention to the bolded section and my previous quote.

I'm honestly surprised it lasted as long as it did and is still somewhat available.
I am surprised too! But yeah, I guess I am one of those folks to blame for the death of SEL. However, I also want to point out that if one has not used this fare for the 1 year it was alive then they really can't fault others too much :P And in some ways, this is definitely not an easy tix to price out or ticket, so I say those who were willing to invest in the time and effort to go through the whole process of searching, booking, ticketing, positioning, traveling and crediting do deserve a bit of a good return on investment, just like any trick-it fare, but just a bit lower on skills and return.
Most of the frontline employees I interacted with had no interest in the fare at all, and one agent at ICN said she had been quite used to SCL departures by now, which can mean both ways (too common/abnormally large numbers).