FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Trip Comparison - Delta One versus United Polaris TPAC
Old Oct 13, 2018, 10:46 am
Explorer789

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by eastindywalrus
Maybe in the premium cabin, but at least domestically, the service I've received from younger cabin crew in Main Cabin has always exceeded that of the older ones.

Total guess here with nothing to support it at all, but I could see the older crew in the premium cabin appreciating the opportunity to work the premium cabin more than younger crew. Likewise, the older crew who are stuck serving us peons in Main Cabin are slightly less thrilled to be doing so than the younger crew.

Then again, I admit my sample size is limited. While I've flown plenty of international routes on Delta, I honestly can't remember the last time I saw a cabin crew member in any cabin that looked to be under 40. Seniority is clearly in use on those high-demand international routes.
I agree with this. Domestic vs international route makes a big difference. I've found even those senior FAs in main cabin on an international route to be very good overall.