FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How long til / will reverse no seatback IFE decision?
Old Oct 13, 2018, 8:54 am
AANYC1981
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by dc9flyernwa
Did a search and didn’t find anything so apologies if this has been discussed. As AA continues to move on Project Oasis (only such a thing for their bean counters) and the recent financial issues vs Delta, it got me thinking. DL is putting IFE on their C Series/A220 at every seat and has gone back and added them to aircraft they modded to not put in IFE (A320’s). Delta has also stated that in all of their research its one of the top items customers seem to still want (seatback IFE screens). Personally I’m with that group, I don’t want to use my personal device for movies etc. I’m using it for work etc all while also watching a movie etc. The AA planes with seatback IFE are incredibly more enjoyable than the non-IFE planes (and the MIQ first class seat is terrible compared to the legacy AA first class seat). But with Delta able to demand higher dollar per dollar fare compared to AA and UA it seems to be that possibly IFE is a big part of that given Delta has pushed it so much. Seems like only Doug seems to think otherwise. Any thoughts?
I’m about to board a LAA 738 that has been through Oasis and not looking forward to staring down at my
phone for 4+ hours.

Project Oasis once fully rolled out might just be what sends me to Delta for good.

oh and of course we’re delayed due to maintenance 🙄

Last edited by AANYC1981; Oct 13, 2018 at 9:06 am