FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westpac Airpoints Platinum Mastercard - Extended Warranty Insurance Benefit
Old Oct 13, 2018, 1:20 am
dgnz

Programs: NZ Elite (*G)
Originally Posted by ottiehund
In the meantime the question I have is: Has anyone experienced claiming under the extended warranty cover? Experiences good or bad?
I haven't claimed extended warranty, but have claimed the 90 day purchase protection for accidental damage (twice - laptop screen and phone rear glass). The experience was painless and they only required a quote from the manufacturer for the quote of repair, they approved it and I just paid for the repair on my card, they reimbursed it in about 2 days.

The call centre were hopeless don't even bother. Eventually I found my way to this page and filled in the form and sent it through to the email listed.
It took roughly a day before the case was assigned to somebody, from there the guy I dealt with was prompt, replying to emails within usually 30 minutes.

Again as per the comment above, if you purchased from a big box store, ask for the manager (or franchisee at Harvey Norman) and mention the words "Consumer guarantees act" you should get some action.