View Single Post
Old Oct 12, 18, 11:54 pm
IAN-UK
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, LH, QR, TK
Perhaps I've been fortunate, but the times i've used the lounge it's been borderline OK. Luxury living, it ain't. But I've always managed to get a coffee and find somewhere to sit.

But I can see things will get stretched if they don't operate stricter capacity control at peak times for holiday flights. The airlines sending CIPs to the lounge should insist that these controls are at sensible levels, and are implemented properly.

The tension, of course, is that capacity control means forgoing revenue; and many of the airlines have very limited presence at the airport.

Looking for faint praise, at least I can see aircraft from the lounge.

It annoys me that a business-class lounge doesn't have a printer guests can use; and i was irritated the lounge Goddess couldn't lend me her paper-cutting (blunted) scissors for health and safety reasons.

But the lounge simply reflects the third tier aspirations of Manchester International airport. Last week it was the turn of the escalators from T1 arrivals to the station walkway to be out of order. Followed by two sections of the moving walkway to the station out of service. Flags will be out on days all sections are working.

They're pretty slick at gouging extra cash from passengers, but have pretty low priorities when it comes to customer service.

Last edited by IAN-UK; Oct 12, 18 at 11:59 pm