FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Prince De Galles, Luxury Collection, Paris, France [Master Thread]
Old Oct 12, 2018, 5:50 pm
MePlatPremier

Originally Posted by bhrubin

I think you may come to realize that they did go above and beyond what is required, despite even being oversold for a portion of the time of your stay. And despite it being a free stay on points. At one of the most expensive hotels in Paris.

If you think the PdG under-delivered under those circumstances, while still having upgraded you to a suite for even a portion of your free stay, then I think you may need to reset your expectations for any stay at a luxury hotel in the future. Chances are pretty good that there were plenty of paying guests who booked room categories and suites above that which you had booked, and they still managed to treat you well.
I dont’t think the fact it was an award booking should have any bearing on the guest’s platinum recognition. Award stays are paid stays — Marriott pays properties an amount that is not very far off what a competitive corporate rate would be for the same night.

That said, award stays are for an entry-level room category. It’s only natural that properties would rather upgrade a plat member with a revenue reservation for a higher category room.