FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Premier Rewards Gold refresh: 4x USA dining, groceries, $10/mon dining credit. $250.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 4:56 pm
holyPockets

Originally Posted by twkidM3
how do I check if I receive 4x on my charge? I'm looking at the online account, does AMEX shows the point earning after it's been posted? Or do I have to wait for the statement? Doesn't seem to have an effective way like Chase where they say this transaction gives 4x/3x/1x... Kind of annoying.
I'd like to relate my personal experience with trying to determine which transactions earn 4x MR points and which do not. The prescribed use of the beta Preview New Version proved to be, upon actual statement closing, wholly inaccurate. The Preview New Version indicated that a number of grocery and restaurant purchases were not earning 4x MR points. When my statement finally closed, the usual Statements & Activity view added a column which placed 2x and 4x icons next to transactions earning those multipliers.

In short, do not panic if the Preview New Version is showing incorrect multipliers. My transactions all earned what I expected them to earn.