Old Oct 12, 18, 3:08 pm
hockeyinsider
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by mag_nate View Post
My "room preferences" are for a high floor with a view, but I was assigned room 125, the standard king room on the first floor with a view of the bar. While we checked in I reiterated my preferences and my desire for something that was maybe on a higher floor or perhaps with a balcony and I was met with a cold "we're overbooked and that's all that we have - would you like points or breakfast as your platinum benefit?" I guess I was supposed to be happy with not being walked. The agent at the desk did tell us that he would try to get us a room upgrade if possible later in the stay. When I asked the next morning because there were balcony rooms and suites bookable online, he told me that he remembers me and there's still nothing - as I expected I never heard from him again.
You should have asked for a manager, especially when better rooms were still being sold. There's no way that everyone on a higher floor was platinum or higher.