FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017-2019
Old Oct 12, 2018, 1:23 pm
Jatan

Originally Posted by susiesan
I applied for a Chase Ink Business Preferred card for a business name I just started. It is a sole proprietorship using my social security number and home address. I don't have any legal documents on this business, nothing has been registered. I called to see if the application could be sped up as I am about to close another Ink BP card that has the annual fee due. I want to get the 80K signup bonus for this new business card and 20K referral points for my husband.

The CSR on the phone is telling me I need to fax them some documentation proving the business name and address, of which there is none. He says I need to send them something called a fictions business registration certificate. In over 40 years of having credit cards I have never been asked for such a document. I have always just made up the name of a business to get another new credit card.

Should I reapply using the address of my real business? Should I start over and make up another business name?
If you don't have an actual business with paperwork then you need to use your first+last name as your business name ("JOHN SMITH") -- if you make something up then Chase will ask for verification docs

See if you can find a rep willing to update the business name to your name -- otherwise wait 31 days for app to drop from their system and apply again