FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The secret cell phone enforcer on my flight
Old Oct 12, 2018, 2:50 am
no2chem

Programs: AA EXP (owe), BA Silver (ows), AB Silver (owr), WN A+/CP, IHG Spire AMB, Avis First
Originally Posted by akl_traveller
So, let me get this straight. The only person on a plane who is allowed to point out someone doing something wrong is a flight attendant (and/or the pilot, I guess).
I'll say this: if the only people allowed to intervene when wrong is done are those invested with specific authority, like police, then we're going to need a lot more cops.
I'm not sure what the point of replying is but;

1. No, anyone can point things out. But people who are not crew should not say they are crew.

2. Your last paragraph suggests you believe that anyone should be able to shoot anyone("intervene"), when someone believes that something "wrong is done". It sounds like you are a lover of stand your ground laws and you believe they should apply to the air too.

3. My last attempt at getting through: the problem is not with saying something, it is specifically that 1) a non-rev cannot behave anyway they please, as rules and regs for NR travel apply 2) an off duty FA should not assert they are a FA to order a passenger around
​​​
oh and 4. No laws were broken and nothing "wrong" was done so really, your whole example is completely pointless as your premise is wrong. But I guess you skipped past everyone else telling you that.... I suppose it's only a matter of time before this thread is closed

Last edited by no2chem; Oct 12, 2018 at 2:58 am