FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - $50 credit at Saks 5th Ave every 6 months with Plat card (2018 - 2021)
Old Oct 11, 2018, 9:49 pm
RedSun
Suspended

Originally Posted by Diplomatico
Please refrain from offering common sense rationale in this thread.

In case you hadn't noticed, this thread is reserved for FTers to bemoan the tragic ordeal they've had to overcome to order a simple $50 item from a department store website.

In the majority of first hand accounts, Saks has no reason to be in business and AMEX is a co-conspirator in this outrageous scam to offer their cardholders department store goods for no additional cost (other than minimal shipping charges for chocolate, apparently), and your blatantly biased viewpoint is damaging to the overall sub-forum zeitgeist. /s
I beg to differ. FT forum is a common place for folks to share experience. It may, or could be just common sense. We are all commoners.

For my own experience, I do not think $7.50 shipping for $50 goods is good. It may be minimal to you, but not to a lot of other people. The 2-day ShopRunner is also misleading since there are few items (at least the ones I was interested) qualify. The things at Saks are over priced and the ordering is even buggy (in stock vs sold out).

The only reason for both AmEx and Saks to do this is for Saks to generate more traffic to its store and online store (possibly to buy more over priced items). For AmEx, it can claim you get $100 benefit.....

Please refrain from telling what folks should talk. It is open forum.