FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Montreal YUL 5 hour layover, coming from ORD on Air Canada
Old Oct 11, 2018, 12:37 am
yyznomad
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by SteveOh
Hi, I'm flying Air Canada ORD-TLV with a 5 hour layover in Montreal. My layover is on a Sunday, from 1pm-5pm. Is it worth trying to take the bus into the city for an hour or so? A google search and a forum search here were older posts, and I'm asking again in case things have changed for better or worse. TIA
If you're referring to the 747 bus, it can take up to 30 to 40 minutes one way just to get to Lionel-Groulx station depending on traffic. Sometimes it can take up to an hour especially in the late afternoon.
There is constant construction (a way of life there) on the Autoroute 20 and the bus often takes detours, and such detour routes can change often.

If you actually want to get into the heart of downtown, then you'll probably take a green or orange line train eastward from Lionel-Groulx which adds extra time.

So IMHO, it will be tight. Probably best to store your carry-on before making the quick trek downtown if you wish to do so.

I do this PITA bus ride often.