FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MO Deposit checking/savings accounts - Bank Shutdowns
Old Oct 10, 2018, 9:22 pm
pharmawalk

Programs: DL, Marriott & IHG Platty; HH Diamonte
Originally Posted by Carlos_OL
Hey there, I know there is a separate thread to cover Bank shutdowns, but this is mainly focused on credit cards and what to avoid to get your CC canceled. I thought about opening a new thread to cover those instances where your checking/savings account, where you deposit your MOs, is closed.
Would be great if we can share what happened so we can learn and hopefully avoid it in the future.

I got a called from my CU yesterday to ask me about my recent deposits and to let me know they didn't want me to continue banking with them, hence, i need to withdraw my balance and close the account.

Account opening date: Sept 2018 (just over a month with them)
Monthly deposits: $27K
Deposits methods: Mobile app, atm, bank branch and partner CUs

I thought I had hit the jackpot when this particular CU allowed me to deposit my MOs via their mobile app. They have a $10K limit per week, so I also used their ATMs and even partner CUs (so I wouldnt have to visit the same branch all the time). To my surprise, they called me yesterday to inquire about my business with them and to ask me to close my account. I wonder what I could have done differently, and ask other people to share their experiences so as to avoid it in the future.
I know it is a big No-No to deposit big amounts in the same branch all the time, but i guess doing it via their mobile app was also suspicious. What can I do differently next time? Should I have more accounts so I can distribute my deposits? Any insights as to how much some of you are able to deposit per month/week with the same institution and how you do it to avoid raising questions? How many accounts/banks do you use?
Welcome to those that contribute to the demise of MS....the saga continues.