FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - High EQD Platinum Pro or really-high EQD Platinum?
Old Oct 10, 2018, 12:23 pm
CHOPCHOP767

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
AAir_head, If you're DCA-based, I would stick with AA despite the status issues because of AA's network ex-DCA. When I was DC-based a few years ago now, I flirted with DL and UA, but couldn't justify connections. Personally, I'd rather be a Plat or PPRO on a non-stop in MCE than be a Plat or Diamond with a connection.

And, like you, I'm at about $13K EQD right now, but only 78K in MQD, so I'm a bit concerned that my shuttle and ORD flights will probably require a mileage run of sorts in December again this year to maintain EXP. Second, with DL building up BOS, I've been using them more often only because of the nonstop service. My travel patterns have changed significantly to become almost exclusively domestic travel over the past two years. When AA first announced the EQD requirement, I thought that would "trim the fat", but now it seems for many (myself included), it's not the EQD but rather the EQM which presents issues for requalification.

Finally, as an EXP, I wouldn't count on upgrades or sticker utilization ex-DCA.