FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LEX Horse & Bourbon DO XIV, April 12-14, 2019
Old Oct 10, 2018, 10:28 am
HPN-HRL

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
Hi.

I’d like to get opinions on the best weekend to hold LEX DO XIV to accommodate the most people and to decide soon, allowing maximum time to plan and get flights if needed. The actual thread will follow once the dates are chosen.

Keeneland dates are April 5-26, 2019. (Friday to Friday). Easter is April 21, so I am ruling that out.

That leaves April 5-7 or 12-14 for a full weekend.

Please post your preference, if you have one. My own is 12-14, as it is likely to be a couple degrees warmer. Thanks.
I have no preference between April 5-7 and 12-14; I know that Governator will be in the area on the 11th and would therefore prefer 12-14. I can get to the area on Avios both Fridays, but cannot get back to NYC on either Sunday. Best I see so far is to fly on Sunday to PHL and then catch (SL)AMtrak from there.

My actual preference is to hold the Do over Easter weekend (April 19-21), as I could get there late Thursday and stay until Monday - but since this is off the table I will deal with whichever option gets chosen.