FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Upgrade my chase marriott credit card, lose 15 elite nights this year
Old Oct 9, 2018, 6:13 pm
Seattlenerd

Programs: Alaska Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Double-charged annual fee

My new Chase Marriott Rewards Premier Plus Points VISA had an unusual surprise this cycle for October: a $95 annual fee that I noticed in my online transactions a few days ago.

This would not normally be a surprise, but this card is upgraded from the earlier Chase Marriott Rewards Premier Points VISA, using a Chase offer. For that card, I paid an $85 annual fee in April. I knew there would be a $10 increase in the annual fee, and thought that would be charged as a single upgrade fee of $10.

But now the 2018 Totals Year-to-Date show "Total fees charged in 2018" as $180, $85 more than it should be,

I did call. A CSR at Chase said not to worry, that sometime between now and the end of the year, Chase will reverse one of the two annual fees.

UPDATE: My actual monthly statement shows a credit at the top for $85 for the earlier annual fee. So the CSR was correct. Except the credit was given on the same statement cycle (even if it wasn't clear when I received online notice of the $95 annual fee charge). Worth checking if you see the full additional annual fee for the credit of the earlier annual fee.

Last edited by Seattlenerd; Oct 9, 2018 at 7:02 pm