FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UAL's Captain Denny Flanagan (In-Flight Experiences, Sightings, Schedule, etc.)
Old Oct 9, 2018, 4:39 pm
KathyWdrf
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by Pat89339
The problem is that Denny is not staying near the BART station. In fact, I would guess he has no greater familiarity with Union City than most who will be attending. I can't say if I've ever been to Union City. I have already taken a look at google maps to see if there was any restaurant near his hotel, but other than several national chains there aren't many. I have reached out to some people I know in the area for suggestions, but haven't received any positive feedback as of yet. I will be arriving via BART and plan to grab an Uber/Lyft to wherever the locale may be.
Where is the hotel? Is Denny not renting a car to get around? (It's a ways from Union City to Cal State EB Hayward -- or maybe the venue of Denny's presentation is somewhere other than the Hayward campus?)

There might be a usable BART to bus connection for some restaurants.

I noticed that one of the restaurants near the Union City BART (walking distance) is an Indian buffet that looks like it might be pretty decent (and I think covers the possibilities from omnivore to vegetarian to vegan): Favorite Indian Restaurant @ 1706 Decoto Rd. FWIW.