FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Second leg LGW-AMS got cancelled: please advise
Old Oct 9, 2018, 4:32 pm
fromHollandwithlove

Programs: British Airlines silver member
Originally Posted by Sealink
The aircraft could be stuck somewhere else where there is bad weather. No wait this is tomorrow... The aircraft will be due in from somewhere, maybe that's the problem...
Originally Posted by Takiteasy
Odd indeed as both London and AMS show great weather for tomorrow. Experflyer shows cancellation code WEAN = due to weather with no compensation payable.
Would suggest you follow the suggestions above, don’t stress about it, go back to your girls in a good mood, and come back here to discuss compensation once you are safely home!
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
If it is weather related - and I am going to assume it is an Air Traffic Control restriction due to predicted fog - then there is no compensation. And there never has been, at least as long as I have been flying, which is unfortunately more than 5 decades. There would be important and obvious safety reasons for this cancellation I suspect . And, if you want to learn more, there is a special thread about fog in the Dashboard.

It's annoying but not unusual at this time of year. A transfer to LHR isn't so bad, some of us old lags do it quite frequently and it's reasonably efficient. But if you now have a very long connection at LGW you could consider taking the train to Brighton and having fish and chips by the sea.
Thanks for your information and help. I will just deal with it and accept that I won’t be home at the time I promissed my girls to be home. They will get over it like me. Hopefully I will have a good flight and a good sleep.