FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - W Los Angeles Westwood 2007 on [Master Thread]
Old Oct 9, 2018, 10:20 am
C17PSGR

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by fabamber
Has anyone had a recent review on this property? Anyone used/requested the courtesy car (within 3 miles from the hotel)? I am wondering if this is a good location to be based in?

It will be our first time in LA, planning to stay 5 days and hit all the tourists stuff (Santa Monica, Hollywood Boulevard, Malibu, Runyon Canyon hike, the observatory, check out some museums in downtown and shopping in The Grove/Melrose Ave area). Also, keen to go out at nightlife to restaurants and bars etc.

I understand LA is very spread out. Will mostly rely on Uber/Lyft. Considering getting a car, but the valet parking fee ($46 a day) seems exorbitant.

Also, open to other Marriott/SPG options if anyone has any recommendations.
I've stayed there a couple of times. It's a nice property and convenient for those interests but ... an Uber to Malibu could be pricey ... although perhaps cheaper taking into account a five day stay. One downside is there isn't much in walking distance IIRC but others may know better.

In terms of my LA options -- I'm there 2-3 times a month, I like the following properties:

1. SLS -- best breakfast and lots of options in walking distance but can be a little SoCal fake --- Bentleys and shopping bags
2. BH Marriott -- decent lounge, lots of options nearby and within walking distance for me, good elite recognition, less SoCal fake.
3. JW Santa Monica -- no lounge, poor plat breakfast, but on the beach (sort of) and lots of options within walking distance
4. JW La Live -- decent lounge, some things within waling distance ... but usually stay her when work is a priority as its downtown. Personally, not a fan of the restaurants there although there are some other interesting places downtown.