FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Travel Package General Discussion Thread
View Single Post
Old Oct 9, 2018, 9:56 am
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ngls
The property did apparently go up in price. What bothers me is that at no point in the discussion the agent told me that she would have to create a new certificate and that the old booking would not be changeable as the rate had increased. I am pissed as she made it sound as if she had unattached the certificate from the old booking and attached it to the other reservation. Had I known that this was not doable, I would have kept my original reservation intact. Now, I have no reservation and a certificate that I can only use for properties of lesser value.

Thanks in advance,
ngls
Agent may have taken for granted that you understand the rules because these are not new rules. It has always been like that - literally each year when Marriott announced its new charts, people rushed to book properties that were going up, whether out of actual needs or speculative bookings, in hope to lock in the old rates, and fully aware that any change would forfeit the old rate.

IIRC, in the FAQ before merger, this type of scenario has been addressed. Also questions in this nature have been asked and answered in this and the now closed threads about bookings on properties going up, whether one can change the bookings. Sorry you have missed that altogether.

You may try to argue back your old reservation, but the chance would be very slim.