FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Doha layover [merged thread]
View Single Post
Old Oct 9, 2018, 4:23 am
IAN-UK
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by weegraeme
Thanks.

That sounded like a good idea, but it won't work for me, for two reasons. My flights are award flights on Qatar, but they're booked through Qantas. +Qatar needs to booked through Qatar. Secondly, unless they extended it before the end of the year, it's only for travel until 31st December 2018. My travel isn't until next year. But thanks for the suggestion.

I'll take your advice on the buggy transport. Is that something I should arrange in advance? Or do I just ask when I arrive?
Yes, the programme is scheduled only to year end, but the hope/expectation is that it will be extended.

For assistance, I'd get Qantas to put a reference on your booking, then update things at check-in, and it won't hurt to mention it onboard (they can message ahead to coordinate with the airport). Some gates are very close to immigration, others can be a long, long walk (maybe helped by a train ride), while still others are via remote stands and a bus ride. In the latter case, if your mum can make it with comfort onto the bus (J gets dedicated transport) then she should be OK as the bus drops you near(ish) immigration. Keep your eyes open as you'll have to peel off from the general passenger flow (most will be connecting directly).

If you arrive at immigration without a helper, tell the guys marshalling the queues that you need fast acess to immigration - there are some dedicated lines for this.