FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 2018 BA compensation thread: Your guide to Regulation EC261/2004
Old Oct 9, 2018, 3:20 am
matt_s_london

Programs: BAEC Gold, SPG Platinum
I got this what seems to be a standard response, how do they prove the weather situation? The explanation given onboard was an aircraft not being able to leave prague and the crew needing to be changed over from stand by staff which took time.

Dear Mr Xxxxx

Thanks for contacting us about your EU compensation claim.

Your claim’s been refused because BA0453 on 06th October 2018 was delayed because of adverse weather conditions which prevented the aircraft operating as scheduled. Under EU legislation, I’m afraid we’re not liable for a compensation payment in this situation.

Your flight was delayed due to adverse weather conditions at London Heathrow, which affected the outbound journey of the aircraft operating your flight from Ibiza to Heathrow. We always want to maintain a stable operation, as we know how much delaying a flight affects our customers. Unfortunately this was out of our control and caused unforeseen disruption to our schedule. I understand how disappointing this may be, especially when you had an event planned for the evening which this delay caused you to miss.

We take all reasonable measures to avoid delaying a flight and we always consider if there are any operational options available before we make a decision. We’re very sorry the delay was necessary in this case.

Thanks for following this up with us. Please feel free to contact us if we can help you any further and I hope we have the chance to welcome you on board again soon.