FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Tracking BA Fast Track and Priority Boarding
Old Oct 9, 2018, 1:55 am
OverTheHorizon

Programs: BA GGL for a little while longer
Originally Posted by South London Bon Viveur

It happens at LHR as well. My last T3 departure to LIS was a complete shambles- groups 1-3 called together, which completely defeated the object, as that accounted for around 75% of pax. This is exactly what happened with the previous system of boarding Gold, silver and bronze together, which is why I thought they introduced Group boarding in the first place. Why the hell is it so hard to get right? Can someone humour me?
Motivation and management: The ground agents have targets for on-time departure performance and none (or certainly softer ones) for enforcing priority boarding. The consequences of this are that anyone with half a brain makes sure the gate closes on time (=tick in the box, counts towards bonus etc.) and only thinks about Group Boarding as a nice-to-have. They are inadequately supervised and poorly led so the corporate policy does not get enforced. It's the sort of thing you'd hope a world-class operation would have a handle on, but...