FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Canberra flight depart at Sydney
View Single Post
Old Oct 9, 2018, 12:46 am
orbitmic
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by anabolism
When you arrived at SYD from CBR, you deplaned directly at gate level and could walk straight to QR international lounge?

Sound good! How much time in SYD is scheduled?
Originally Posted by Top of climb
You stay on board at SYD when going CBR-SYD-DOH.

Top of climb Hmm... not on either of my two experiences. Can I ask if maybe you arrived at a bus gate and that might be why they preferred to keep you onboard during the transit? anabolism yes, exactly in my case, both times, ex-CBR, we were just released directly in the departure lounge and told when to return to the gate. In both case, we just have to keep our original BP from CBR.

This contrasts with the inbound flight from DOH where you are given a transit card, released in the arrivals circuit, and asked to make your way to flight connection (very quick as SYD is still not a massive international transit airport).

In both directions, the transit time is scheduled as around 1h-1h30. On the return we had almost exactly that, on the outbound we had nearly an hour extra (though you lose about 15 minutes clearing transit as long as you remember to make directly your way to the transit circuit rather than unnecessarily queuing before arriving passengers waiting for the electronic machines!

Originally Posted by anabolism
Do they do the thing where all electronics larger than a phone are separately screened and sealed in a bag? (I'm not sure if that's just for flights to the US and UK.)

Nope. On all my flights to Oz from Doha (and in fact from most other transit airports) the target has been specifically liquids, and since September powders (including salt!)