FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Updates to MP Premier Program -1K PQD $15K, P fare 150%, fewer RPU, Bag waiver & more
Old Oct 8, 2018, 8:58 pm
findark
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by Babymule
Because my business travel has to be purchased directly through our corporate travel, I am not able to buy the First Class ticket, (or pay the difference in fare at booking). I'm not sure if it is worth calling United immediately after booking and see if I can get their help in canceling the ticket, holding the money to apply to a P fare ticket.
You can call (United) to have them change the ticket into First -- this is not a cancel and is going to be just fine by almost any corporate travel department. The downside is that you have to call every single time, and also find an agent willing to both waive the agency takeover fee and the change fee (the latter is policy per GG BUYUP, the former is a courtesy). I would probably get fed up with my employer fairly quickly if I had to do that every time I flew..