FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UAL's Captain Denny Flanagan (In-Flight Experiences, Sightings, Schedule, etc.)
Old Oct 8, 2018, 2:27 pm
KathyWdrf
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by Pat89339
Captain Denny has been engaged to speak at California State University, East Bay, in Hayward, California on October 25th. He'd like to get together with FlyerTalkers for a dinner the night before, Wednesday, October 24th. He'll be staying in Union City and since I have no idea of restaurants in that area, I'd appreciate hearing from anyone who may have a suggestion for a venue.

Since it is a work night for most, I would expect that dinner would be later to accommodate having to get there with commute traffic, but we can work on the details later.

If you'd like to attend, please respond in this thread or send me a PM.
I'm strongly interested. I'm not particularly familiar with the Union City area, but may I be so bold as to make some suggestions anyway?

1. It might be good to have the dinner venue near public transportation -- perhaps close to the Union City BART station?

2. If you examine a map of that area, you'll see that the BART station is near a shopping center called Union Square Marketplace (not to be confused with Union Square in San Francisco ). There's a number of restaurants there, including various Asian and/or seafood places. Would one of those work for Capt. Denny and the other participants?