FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ANA’s Paris branch manager fired after assaulting neighbor on flight
Old Oct 6, 18, 2:54 am
CPH-Flyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JMB Diamond Metal Card (OWE) , SAS Eurobonus Gold, (*G) Marriott Ambassador (LTP)
Originally Posted by Torode View Post
You'll see recurrence prevention language all through Japanese corporate risk management regulations. They need to show they are taking steps to stop it from happening again. I agree it is a bit of a sledgehammer response, and it sucks that this person has essentially ruined it for everyone. That said, when you are traveling on the company dime, whether an ANA employee or not, I don't think it's unfair to be held to higher standards.
We have clear language for being good corporate citizens when travelling for the company, and giving directions for strong moderation in alcohol consumption. I would suspect ANA already had that as well.

I think the guy was a daft idiot for causing this incident, and that he deserves anything that ANA can possibly throw his way. But IMHO, that should really be it. And a fitting public apology.