FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Unable to select ANY available E+ seat < 24 hours
Old Oct 5, 2018, 11:52 pm
prometa

Originally Posted by YVR guy
Maybe there’s already a thread for this but I couldn’t find it.

I’m a lowly Silver on UA but started flying weekly on UA now. Today when trying to select my complimentary Economy Plus seat at checkin, it shows tons of available seats. Every time I pick a seat it then comes back with that Seat is Unavailable. Then I go back to pick another…. Same error. When I check the seat map, the seat is still vacant. No matter which seat I pick, it always comes back with the same error.

So I finally call Reservations, and they say they’re having problems with the seat maps. Huh?? So after being on hold for 20 min (NO exaggeration) they finally select my seat by calling the airport desk. Seriously…? Sigh… I had such high hopes for coming back to UA. Although despite this fail… UA is light years ahead of AC for their IT solutions. What's going on with this? It isn't the first time it happened to me.
Were you trying to select a seat via the app? Since iOS 12, I've had trouble changing seats post check-in.