FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DEL/BOM/HYD - YYZ in November
View Single Post
Old Oct 5, 2018, 10:22 pm
Harrytind

Programs: star Alliance, JP miles, SQ, Avios
Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
Welcome to FT.

Your 30K Avios and SQ miles are not going to get you too far. I assume the 29.5k Avios redemption you’re talking about is for Miles + Cash - which is a terrible (very very expensive) way to redeem your miles.

Depending on whether your miles are expiring and/or you don’t see any other way to redeem them in the future and/or you don’t are about them here’s my 4 cents:

1. Your simplest and cheapest (surcharge & fees) option would be to go with Jet. I would do this unless theres some other factors that you’ve not shared here.
2. Don’t do miles + cash - with such low miles on BA & SQ you’re better of buying a revenue ticket
3. A little expensive way would be to use the 30 Avios miles to do YYZ - EU and then 30 SQ miles to do EU-IND. You will have to plan this well. Try and avoid UK to avoid paying the highest taxes on this route. Also, by having 2 separate tickets and probably from airlines that don’t interline you’ll run the risk of missing your EU-IND leg if your YYZ-EU leg is late/cancelled etc. Also you may need a visa in EU depending to go collect and recheck your baggage. This is very doable option if you’re very keen to spend your Avios & Krisflyer miles but it needs to be planned well and has some risks. Also of course it’s much more expensive than option 1.
Thanks I guess I'll wait and accumulate more avios then, in the meanwhile JP miles seem to be the best option for a trip to YYZ. It costs 75k on 9W and 60k JP miles on partner airlines, would Jet airways oblige my request to fly only on partner airlines ?