FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - High EQD Platinum Pro or really-high EQD Platinum?
Old Oct 5, 2018, 10:22 pm
AAir_head

Programs: A: PP, LTG/1.5M | UA: SLV | Bonvoy LTTi | IHG PLT| Avis PC | Nat'l Emerald Club EE
High EQD Platinum Pro or really-high EQD Platinum?

I’m in a bit of a quandary: I’ll be about 12-13K EQM shy of Plat Pro with planned travel through end of year. I can construct an itinerary and spend about $1K for a domestic paid F MR to make Plat Pro. The choice is to end up as either Plat or Plat Pro with EXP-level EQD.

I’ve had a look at the wiki on the differences and come away feeling it’s probably not worth it. I’m based at DCA and my travel is almost all domestic and mostly personal; for the past year-plus, if paid F is double or less than coach on personal travel I book it (this and $6K in EQD from my Aviator card are what drive the high EQD). The big differences I see are SDFC and free domestic upgrades (if they clear). SDFC is nice, but often means a downgrade. I have a lot of unused stickers, and $1K would buy far more than I can likely use especially since just buying F seems it might be a better strategy than hoping to upgrade free as a Plat Pro.

My head says it’s not worth it, but...