FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Thai upgrade
Thread: Thai upgrade
View Single Post
Old Oct 5, 2018, 8:10 pm
BinSabai

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by lcy flyer
I must have completed over 300+ fights with TG in the 9 years I have been living here in BKK.

So much so, that every year I qualify for 2 x GUP (that's 100k bum on seat miles), almost always in eco.

I have had one op up out of BKK>HKG, one out of HKG>BKK, one out of ICN>BKK and one out of LHR>BKK, all Y up to C. Based on my experience, it seems operational upgrades out of BKK op ups are super rare.

My mates who work in HKG get many more CX operational upgrades. I think TG's revenue management system rarely oversells flights and therefore operational upgrades are so rare.

I do appreciate the recognition I receive as a TG*G sitting in the economy cabin. But it would be nice to be upgraded to TG*P for all those miles I rack up (although sounds like TG*P has few additional benefits, except the First Class lounge access)

100K + bum on seat miles got me Miles and More Senator Status (when I was based in Europe) which has the great perk of a guaranteed free adjacent seat block in the eco cabin. I think their check in system algorithms reassign economy seating assignments based on status.

Would be good if TG blocked the adjacent seat in eco for TG*G, but almost always I am sitting next to someone, whilst others have free seats.
there are some more benefits for a TG*P in addition to FCL access (which is already quite great given the lousy J lounges of TG in BKK):
FCL access also at other destinations (currently only HKG)
check in at First Class check in also when flying in Y
Fast track inbound and outbound in BKK also when flying in Y
miles have unlimited validity
additional PUP for every 50k flown

I am as well SEN and have experienced that the adjacent seat in Y was not blocked on LH, LX or OS...so not so sure what is the percentage of flights you get a empty seat beside you...