FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MP locked my account due to "Fraud", Help {caused by UA error, access restored}
Old Oct 5, 2018, 6:17 am
zombietooth

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by pmlflyer
In this case its Fraud to the Account holder not by the account holder, Dont get why I have to bare the consequences of something I did not do or for following the programs rules. The account was frozen by my approval as the agent said it would be the best thing to do in case who ever took the miles out of my account would try to do it again. The initial error was more than likely caused by the Phone agent I had initially.

Didn't think something like this would take over a month which is very annoying.
As others have told you here, you are likely suspected of a violation of the T + Cs. This is exactly what happened to a friend of mine when he sold some GPUs.
I know that is not what happened in your case but, for some reason, an algorithm has flagged your account.

I would make a detailed timeline of events which led up to the discrepancy and forward that via certified mail to WHQ in Chicago.

Under no circumstances threaten UA with legal action. If you do, they will no longer communicate with you and pass your case off to their legal department.
Right now, your case is likely in the hands of a special desk in corporate security and compliance. There is a phone number that my friend called when he got his account reinstated and I will see if I can find it for you. But it has been quite a while since his incident.

Good Luck.