FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Enough is enough - Bye bye BA - I'm out
View Single Post
Old Oct 5, 2018, 4:20 am
WeleaseBwian

Programs: None
Enough is enough - Bye bye BA - I'm out

So after several disappointing flights on BA - dirty / broken seats, poor service - we decided to spend our hard earned with QR for a J return LHR-DOH-KUL. What an eye-opener that turned out to be. By every conceivable metric QR is simply miles ahead of Club World and in many areas better than BA F as well. There is nothing - absolutely nothing that BA CW has to offer that can be considered even close to the QR J experience. Even Mrs. B (who, if moaning and criticising was an Olympic sport could single handedly take the gold, silver and bronze medals) was very impressed and wanted to know why we hadn't tried other airlines years ago instead of wasting money on BA. (Had no answer for that one!)

(Just to add a bit of context here - from 2003-2013 I was either a GCH or SCH, flying quite a bit for work and we were enjoying Amex 241s for leisure travel in CW or F. During that time I was a staunch BA apologist when anyone criticized them. Changed job in 2013 - no more work travel so the 241s and Avios dried up and through some weird sense of loyalty we stuck with BA, paying for CW tickets.)

Flying QR J has made us realise just how far BA has fallen behind it's competitors and I don't intend to spend a single penny with them again. When QR give you better than BA F class service in a seat that is as good as BA F all at a J class price, you'd be nuts to give your money to BA.

Here's a few messages to various groups of people....

To anyone using Avios/241:- Spending c.£500 on taxes to get an F class flight on BA is just about understandable I guess.

To the corporate monkeys who get their tickets paid for:- Get a new job, your employer hates you and has no respect for you if they send you on BA. Move to a company with a better travel policy.

To anyone thinking of spending money with BA:- Don't do it. You're an idiot if you do. There's so much better out there.