FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - About to hit 80 nights, any difference?
View Single Post
Old Oct 5, 2018, 12:46 am
embarcadero1

Programs: BA Gold, UA 2MM, Hyatt Globalist, Columbia Record & Tape Club Triple Diamond VIP
About to hit 80 nights, any difference?

I was going to post this in the newbie thread but then thought that was ridiculous.

Im a globalist and not much of a points person. I'm about to hit 80 nights this year, which is slightly embarrassing, but true. Mostly in higher end hotels (Tokyo, London, Vienna, New York, Chicago). I think I'm close to $40K this year, probably more.

Is is there some point at which it's reasonable to expect differentiated treatment? I'm not thinking about red carpets and someone peeling my grapes, more like rooms with a view and maybe a welcome drink at the bar. The hotels I stay in don't usually have Hyatt Lounges (or whatever they're called) and I don't usually like them anyway.

Between now now and the end of the year, I have five nights in NYC ((Union Square) and seven nights at the Grand Hyatt in Tokyo. Maybe a couple of nights at the PH Chicago.

Just remembered: I've got 5 nights in Mexico City (Hyatt Regency) too.

Whats reasonable to expect? To ask for? I was a super duper platinum at SPG, but their "concierge" was worthless. The Hyatt one seems slightly better, but I don't really know what to ask for. I've got about 500k points, not really sure what to do with them since whenever I try to use them it only gets me a tiny room with a view of an air shaft. That just seems sad.

Points gurus: what would you do?

Last edited by embarcadero1; Oct 5, 2018 at 12:48 am Reason: Remembered Mexico City