FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 747 (AUS-LHR) or 777 (IAH-LHR) in F?
View Single Post
Old Oct 4, 2018, 6:21 pm
pnsnkr

Originally Posted by Airprox
Only the IFE which has been updated. The seat is identical.
Good to know, thank you!

Everything is available free of charge to BA pax, just show your BP at the bar. This includes some type of sparking wine in small bottles and any of the food options from the menu. You will struggle to get a seat unless you get there early, otherwise you will end up sitting in the foyer where they have managed to cram in a couple of extra chairs.[/LIST]
Good point! Thanks for the headsup

About 45 minutes roughly. You will almost certainly arrive from AUS at T5B or T5C satelite building, and you can get the flight connections bus from T5B to T3. Correct no concorde room.
OK, thank you. We have a 3hr transit. This should give us time to enjoy the T3 lounges

Originally Posted by jdsworld
The seat will be identical, but also probably filthy on an unrefurbished 747. I'm still scarred from dried snot on my F seat on an unrefurbished 747 in August. That said, I have seen comments here that the deep clean is separate from the refurbishment, so they may be a deep cleaned, unrefurbished 747 out there.
Hopefully they stock kleenex napkins on the flight if it's not been deep-cleaned yet.

Originally Posted by jdsworld
In my view, no. But that said if it's your first time, I'd say go for it, for the experience. But I wouldn't cry into my champagne if I didn't get an appointment. Treatments are free for F passengers, and you can pre-book a month out.
OK, thank you. I think we'll pass.