FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Watch Your Upgrades (delay processing upgrades still occurring)
Old Oct 4, 2018, 1:55 pm
fastflyer

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, DL GM, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by sosfo
Curious about this process and how it's ordered with elites for a domestic upgrade. I waitlisted a business extra upgrade J7C0 at three weeks out. At the time, the agent said I was the only one on the list. Then watched expertflyer go to J5C1 about 24 hours out. Called to process manually and they refused after 3 HUCAs. I was told it was an automatic process and I just had to wait. Then it went J4, J3, J2, all while still C1. Then J1C0 about T-6. I didn't clear. If C didn't change, but J did, I can only assume they were processing elite upgrades or someone was booking full J awards (unlikely). ​​​​​​Did the sysyem fail me or do I just not get it?
Business Extraa upgrades (BXP1s) are confirmable into C class. Same as mileage upgrades. The process is NOT automated. Unfortunately, your 3 HUCAs did not get you the correct answer.

Always make sure you are speaking with "Meeting Services" when processing any Business Extraa transactions.

Btw, what you observed on ExperFlyer is the normal drawdown of front-cabin seats as R (e500 upgrades) inventory is released. It doesn't affect the C inventory, but each R upgrade issued causes the count of J to decrease by one-at-a-time. On popular flights, this e500 (electronic sticker) processing does now appear to happen regularly at T-24 and for a few hours afterward.