FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Can I Upgrade Only One Leg in a Multi-Leg Journey?
Old Oct 4, 2018, 1:18 pm
GarudaSoars

Incorrect Upgrade Quote for WT+ to CW? USA -> LHR

Originally Posted by KARFA
The charges will be the extra carrier surcharge from WTP to CW, so for LHR-JFK that would be about £50-60. There is no fee for doing a UuA.

Be careful as a known issue for a longhaul-longhaul multiple leg booking is that the agent may try and charge you the extra carrier surcharge for both legs even if you are only UuA'ing one leg. This is to do with how the agent sees the cost when they process your UuA. If they are quoting siginficatly more than £60 query it.
Hi Karfa,

Thanks for your help in 2015 that helped make my honeymoon memorable! Wanted to ask you something on the same topic as I have now saved enough for another holiday

We are flying a multi-leg journey (2 passengers):

USA -> LHR -> Within Europe -> LHR -> USA

We are on World Traveller Plus from USA -> LHR and LHR-> USA. The London -> Europe flight is Economy

I wanted to upgrade both of us from World Traveller Plus to Club World for the USA -> LHR and the LHR -> USA segment

I was quoted 120,000 points (which is fine) + $1,472 in taxes.

I think the $1,472 quote is incorrect because the agent is charging me the extra carrier surcharge for four legs even if I am only UuA'ing two legs. Is this correct? Am I missing something? What should the correct charges be?

Thanks in advance for your help!