FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amanfayun Disappointments
View Single Post
Old Oct 4, 2018, 7:52 am
sfoflyer747

Programs: UA 1k
Amanfayun Disappointments

I am in the middle of a stay at Amanfayun and I must stay its been disappointing. This is my first Aman stay and I had high expectations given the glowing recommendation from everything I've read and everyone I've talked to. While the hard product here is stunning and it's a real treat to stay in an 800 year old village, the hotel staff seems to be deeply disorganized. Every employee is exceptionally kind in their interactions, we can't help but feel let down by the overall experience. For example, at dinner tonight we ordered pre dinner cocktails, of the three ordered it took nearly and hour for two of them to arrive and the third never did. Then at dinner at the western restaurant all of our appetizers and entrees were brought at different times over a 20 minute period. Meaning we were each eating our meals individually. There are other examples of this kind of service that is not just disappointing for an Aman but for any hotel anywhere. Additionally all of the Aman touches that I had heard about like the amazing and frequent housekeeping and employees knowing your room number without asking have been completely missing. We have received standard twice daily housekeeping and have had to state our room number at every juncture where it is necessary.

When I asked the front desk clerk this evening for the email of the General Manager to voice my disappointment, he informed me that the GM had left the property as of July and there is currently no GM. He told me he would try to put me in contact with someone who could help tomorrow.

I'm a bit unsure what I can do now to improve my stay and would appreciate any help or insights. I also wanted to hear if anyone has had similar experiences at this property.