FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mlife Platinum for $2666.66
View Single Post
Old Oct 4, 2018, 6:38 am
gengar

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by mileage junkie
Not exactly sure what you mean by “spend.” This particular promotion tripled all tier credits during the specific time period. In general though, all “non-gaming” charges at MGM properties in Las Vegas earn three-tier-credits-per-dolllar. Gaming spend however earns both points and tier credits. Not sure of the earning formula for gaming. (It doesn’t seem to be straightforward.)

By "spend" I mean exactly what mLife calls "spend", namely on-property charges. In the faqs/T&Cs/etc, when mLife refers specifically to gaming, the terms "gaming spend" or "spend on gaming" are used; gaming is never referred to only as "spend".

Note that under mLife, spend (again, on-property charges) earns 25 TCs/$. I think you are confusing the 3 TCs/$ with the mLife CC bonus.

In context - in the post you quoted - I assumed PDILLM was referring to 'missing out' on TCs from bringing receipts to the rewards desk (i.e., on-property charges, thus, "spend"). If that's the case, then the only thing missed out on are TCs, not points.