FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seating Queries: Club World
View Single Post
Old Oct 4, 2018, 3:11 am
ehud

Originally Posted by Globaliser
This request would surely generate more debate than Brexit!

60B is probably the least good seat because of its position relative to the forward toilet door. 60J is a bit better because it's on the same side of the aisle as the toilet door, so is better shaded. (There is a curtain, so it's not that bad, but the curtain will never be 100% effective at blocking the disturbance.) These seats are also closest to the flight deck door. However, nobody steps out over either.

64B is a less good seat for a similar reason; it's near the aft toilet door. 64J is I think reasonably protected but still fairly close.

Of the window seats, 62A, 62K, 64A and 64K have direct aisle access and slightly varying levels of openness and privacy - different people prefer different things here, so the order of preference varies. This includes at different times of the flight. Some people prefer 62A to 62K because on takeoff and landing 62K is looking at the cabin crew sitting on the jump seat; but the jump seat blocks the view between 62K and 63J so that 62K is more private at these times; whereas 62A and 63B can look at each other throughout the flight if they lean forward.

63B and 63J are the other aisle seats that nobody else steps over.

And finally, if you are reasonably slim, it is possible to get out of 63A and 63K by squeezing between the seat and the cabin sidewall rather than stepping over 64B and 64J respectively.

Out of all of that, one takes one's pick.
So I assume based on this that this is my best option as a couple of freinds?