FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Minsk Marriott Belarus [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Oct 3, 2018, 3:19 pm
skrosvik

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam E+, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Went to Minsk for a conference in mid August, and stayed at the Marriott on points for five nights, which was a great deal. The Marriott is a bit far out, and the Renaissance is slightly better located, but it was full, so I went with the Marriott in the end.

I was upgraded to a suite several days in advance (according to the app). I booked a airport pick up through the hotel, and everything went smoothly. However, next time I would probably just take a regular cab, as those were way cheaper, and my collegues had good experiences with them. Check-in was swift and warm. The suite was nice, with a balcony and a nice view. Identical to the photos posted above. The only thing I didnt like was the bathroom, really small, no bathtub, annoying shower, annoying doors. But I had a great stay apart from that!

As we were out till early morning every single day I did not have the chance to try the breakfast. The FD agent said I could have it in the restaurant as well. The lounge was okey, there seemed to be food at all times, and staff came by to change the items/clean/restock quite frequently. However, I did not spend much time there, and got to try the "alcohol hours" only once, for like 10 minutes. But it seemed okey. There was a good selection of food, and beer/wine.

I tried the SPA once, a couple of saunas and a small pool and whirlpool. I had some drinks at the bar in the lobby, the drinks were cheap and okey. The bar is open 24 hours.

I used both UBER and the Bavaria cars, I did not have any issue with either of them. UBER were way cheaper of course.

There is a cinema in the same building, and a shopping mall 10-15 minutes away by foot. Really easy to walk there, nice and large footpaths. The mall wasn't that interesting and quite outdated, but had a large supermarket. Nice for restocking or buying some Belarussian produce to take home Apart from that there isnt many interesting things to do in the immediate vincinity of the hotel - except the vast offices of President Lukasjenko - located just opposite the mall.