FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Diamond GUC question
View Single Post
Old Oct 3, 2018, 2:02 pm
ethernal

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Originally Posted by Bowgie

As others have said, Story 2 is correct. I have a GUC waitlisted for an upcoming LAX to PVG for plain old coach to D1. I’m not impressed by the PS product. Personally, I would not burn a GUC on it.

However, regular coach on the A350 is not bad: There is one exit row in coach that has a two-seat bench next to the windows. Plats and Diamonds can select those preferred seats at booking. The rest of coach has three seat window-side benches. Those would not be a good ride on a long flight. So coach is only OK on one of the two two-seat benches.

Yes, it is "not bad" in comparison to a 30-31" 10 abreast 777 or 9 abreast 787 in regular Y. In any other context.. it's not good.

31" seat pitch is 31" seat pitch. It means not being able to work or do anything productive. I don't mind long non-redye flights in Y, so long as it has 34-35" of pitch. 31" pitch isn't really manageable.

And those 4 good seats on the plane can be selected by.. Diamonds, Platinums, Golds, Silvers, Delta Amex holders, and Corporate Travelers. The likelihood of those seats being available are, if not zero, must be pretty darn close to zero.