FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Disappointed aircraft changed from lie flat bed to angle seat!
Old Oct 3, 2018, 1:59 pm
bhyq

Originally Posted by david_oz

Sorry, but I disagree. The point isn’t whether or not I need a flat bed for a two hour flight. Nobody “needs” to travel in business class at all, let alone in a bed. The point is that CX loaded their schedule months in advance with multiple A350 flights advertising a certain standard of product (lie flat beds, brand new plane). Now, precisely zero of those flights will be with the advertised product. If they aren’t prepared to deliver on that promise, they should load their schedules with 777 and A330 regional business class instead. This seemingly goes way beyond a swap from time to time for operational reasons, there are six pages of comments on this thread!

the disappointment is that I had multiple options for this flight, and chose CX for the A350 business class product. Being based in North America, I’m pretty used to crap hard product, so this was supposed to be a rare treat. I’m not saying I won’t travel Cathay Pacific again, but I will only choose them if they win on price and schedule, because I won’t trust that the product I book is what I’ll get.
You bought a CX business class ticket not a CX lie flat bed.

There are many reasons why they swap aircraft on a daily basis, and most likely it was needed for a long haul flight and so rather than cancel or delay your flight they swapped for a 777 or 330 for an ontime J experience. By the way there was a chance it could have been swapped for a flat bed version of 777/330 so would you still have been disappointed on missing out on the 350?

Still I hope you got to enjoy the lie flat bed on your A350 flight from North America, as from this thread you’ll know the only way to guarantee flatbed business or first class is to book a long haul flight.