FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why is LHR so awful with operational upgrades?
Old Oct 2, 2018, 5:14 am
pogonation

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by Dogmatick
Had it confirmed last week that opups are now ENTIRELY based on your fare type and status no longer makes any difference at all, Want F buy J basically.
No point renewing other than to get a good cross status when Emirates finally rebadge this airline. That just has got to be the way forward or just stop building the new airport

Oh and Akalra is correct that in AUH sweet talking the agent often put me in F up until perhaps late last year. Ive only had a single opup this year and that was a redemption out of Paris. Zero to or from London as I'm in Z usually
Well this isn’t good. Planned 100,000+ miles/year for the next few years. Only chose EY for higher chance of op-ups (have to go to MAN for EY) but may as well move to EK from NCL (my local) instead. Anyone know how EK is with op-ups?

Alternative is to move to WY. Good Y and J fares and a great J product. Anyone know how WY is with op-ups. I suspect they rarely have full Y cabin?